Monday, June 23, 2008

i never meant to let this much time pass in between posts because i knew it would be hell to catch up, especially since i took a two-week trip up the west coast and over to Minneapolis. it was about 3000 miles. carl and i drove the little Honda that could. Thirteen years old and it keeps going and going. It's funny, this car, because in 2001 the speedometer quit working on it. Along with that the odometer was no longer reliable either. it kept working but sometimes it wouldn't do its job, simple as that job is, so it says I have driven 218, 000 miles but i am fairly sure it is more than that. In fact i believe that i am closer to the 260k mile mark. I wish it was working effectively because I would love to see it turn over into the 300k mark.
Because of my car I am a big advocate for Honda. this little beast has carried me across the country numerous times, put up with 4 years of reckless driving when i was a Dominos delivery driver, and has given me very litte trouble. So i don't have A/C anymore (again), and two door handles are broken, and the muffler could fall off at anytime (it only cost me $100 under the table), and one window doesn't roll down, and it is beginning to rust. So what? this car is still my beauty. when it is clean and full of gas i feel like a proud mom. i know that i will likely be getting a new car in a year or so but maybe not because I thought this same thought a few years ago when we moved to California and my car has continued to amaze me with its ability to keep running day after day. By the way, my car still has its original brakes on the rear.
well, i never meant to start writing about my car but i did and that's that. what i meant to write about was the trip Carl and I took. it may take me several blogs to get it all in. Basically, we left California on June 3rd. we only made it as far as Anaheim because we went to Disneyland. After spending a month dealing with the details of the move we felt we deserved this. Disneyland was not as magical as i had expected but it was fun. I especially liked Space Mountain (why aren't more rollercoasters in the dark?). I did not like the other mountain ride. i called it the back breaker because the jerkiness of that ride made my back tweak twice. unpleasant and not worth the wait in line. We didn't do any of the rides for kids, except for the teacups and i loved those. we rode all the big rides and i wasn't too impressed by them. they were amusing but we had to wait too long for all of them and it wasn't even a busy day at the park. i worried that we would spend a lot of money on junk food at the park but we only had two things while there-an ice cream bar and a pickle. they were both delicious (and not eaten at the same time).
in all we spent 8 hours at the park and were pooped when we left. we only had enough energy to stop by Buca Di bepo on our way to our hotel. we had the best pizza there. i would recommend it if i could remember what it was. That was day 1 of our trip.

No comments: