Friday, November 27, 2009

I am thankful





I had my first thanksgiving without the Medina clan yesterday. i spent it instead with my in-laws here in Minneapolis. Carl and i were in charge of the cooking, that was fun, while my mother-in-law, Mary, assisted and watched Ella.
i loved having more to do with the dinner since with my family i usually assist with opening cans and measuring flour but this year i was actually able to use my cooking skills. Carl took on the turkey and it came out great. i tried to make flan and it looked terrible but the taste was great. it was weird to not have multiple people yelling and laughing and arguing like it is with my family but i enjoyed the quiet of this year.

Ella had her first bloody accident today. she was trying to reach me on the couch and she slipped, hitting her face on the wood trim of the couch. i thought she had just bumped herself as usual but as i was patting her back, trying to comfort her, i pulled her away from me and realized her face was covered in blood. i immediately jumped up and took Ella to the sink to clean off her face and tried to find the cut, only to find that it was an itty-bitty cut on her upper lip, likely from one of her two bottom teeth. i can't believe so much blood came from that cut but Ella was fine. thankfully.

1 comment:

Esau and Daphney said...

We missed you V. Hope we get to see you all soon. Ella is absolutely beautiful!