Friday, April 24, 2009

six weeks old





Ella, Carl, and I have made it to the six week marker. Everyone and all the books we have read said that it would start getting easier at this point and more rewarding. Well, i better hope so. no, really, it has not been so bad now for a couple of weeks. It was very helpful to have my mom here for the first two weeks, then Carl's mom helping out in the mornings for the next two weeks and being on standby since then.
Ella and i spend most of our days in a pretty good routine now. She is doing better about being able to entertain herself for longer periods of time while i get things done around the house, like updating my blog.
right now she is looking around the house while sitting in her vibrating chair. that thing is a life-saver, give to us by one of carl's friends.
I still have six weeks left of maternity leave. i am trying not to think about the end yet but it will be here so quickly so i better make the most of my time with my baby girl until then.
Tomorrow i am going to sign Ella up for her daycare, Jack and Jill Childcare. I hope she loves it because she will get to spend more time with them than with me. we will still have our nights and weekends.

No comments: