Thursday, April 10, 2008

Byerly's Wild Rice Soup

This a soup from Byerly's, a high-end grocery store in Minneapolis (it has carpeted aisles!). Carl introduced it to me on a cold Minnesota winter when nothing could warm me up, then I tried a hot bowl of soup with crackers and I warmed up all the way down to my soul. It was amazingly good and became a special occasion meal from then on. The problem came when we moved to California because I couldn't find it here, not having any Byerly's nearby.
We still got our fix when we visited Minneapolis but that has been so infrequent that today I decided that I would attempt the recipe from home. I went online and found the recipe and started....
Well, I haven't finished making it yet because I have to cook the rice for an hour first but I will be finishing it soon and I will let you know how it turns out. I hope it turns out as good as the original because I take pride in recreating my favorite restaurant recipes (like the Olive Garden soup I mastered a few years ago).

No comments: