Friday, April 4, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR GILLIES



This is the cake creation for Carl's 35th birthday. It is a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with a caramel swirl ice cream center. I found that frosting does not stick to ice cream, but only after I tried it various times. I am pretty excited about trying it out but that will have to wait since Carl and I are going out for dinner and a movie with some friends of his. The friends coming along was supposed to be a surprise but not that long ago, as I was having Jenn help me figure out who would be coming, Carl found out. He is at the office right now and that's how he found out. Mark asked everyone, "who's coming to Carl's thing tonight", while Carl was in the office and Carl immediately called me to let me know that Mark had let the cat out of the bag. Oh well. He does hate surprises.
I do to. I just found out that a trip I had planned for the two of us tomorrow got cancelled due to insufficient interest. Bums me out and I am scrambling to find another option.

No comments: