Monday, April 14, 2008

gas prices guzzle up money

I paid over $32.00 yesterday to fill up my car. This is the first time I got over $30, a new milestone for my car. The price per gallon is up to $3.739 in San Diego right now. I heard that the national average is at $3.49. That would be nice. I get my gas at Vons because it gives me a 3 cent per gallon savings but if I were to drive next door to Chevron I would find myself paying about 10 cents more and if i wanted premium I would be paying up to $4.00 per gallon. OUCH!!
I guess certain things will always be monitored and any little price mark-up is widely discussed such as gas, or milk or eggs, as well as some fruits and vegetables. Those are all essential to me though so I pay no matter what the price. I can do without meats but I need my veggies, fruits, and dairy. Actually, I don't always notice the price hikes when I am paying because I buy when items are on sale or in season and if they seem too pricey at the time I just put off buying that particular item until next time.

No comments: